Thursday 30 September 2010

Ideas - overcoming problems

I've been thinking of different elements I want in our music video.
One of the problems I think our group is faced with is the limited access to actors/actresses. I was thinking of different ways around this problem, and one of the ways around this problem is recreating actors within Adobe AfterEffects. For example:

This is a video of me in my kitchen twice. I recorded 2 videos of myself and over-layed them over each other and frame by frame cut around myself. I think this is a simple solution to the lack of actors and I think it also looks good, and contributes to the style we are aiming for.

Here is a tubechop of a music video where the same technique has been used:

The style of this video is similar to the style we want to recreate for our music video, and I think the recreated character will be a strong element for us to use.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff Jack.

    At the risk of sounding like a broken record you all need to stop having ideas and actually get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've included a similar idea to this on the story board now mr smith :)
    and we've got potentially great ideas down on the storyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've labelled this 'iphone 4 video' because i've referred to it :)

    ReplyDelete