Wednesday 1 December 2010

adjusting colour


Here i used white to fill the parchment which leave the texture of the paper like image, however takes away the sepia tone. I then edited the photo in the background adjusting the hue to create red tones. I like this as it contrasts slightly with the album cover but is still in keeping with the theme. It also relates to the subtle colour used on the inner panels of the digipak taken from a still i got, from the tea party.


Here i used white to fill the parchment which leave the texture of the paper like image, however takes away the sepia tone. I then edited the photo in the background adjusting saturation making it higher. My initial plan was to desaturate the image, but this would have made it look as if it had used a greyscale. I did not want a greyscale look as this blended in with the cover, and i wanted it to stand out. I like the unusual use of colour in the background as it looks mysterious yet magical which relates to christmas but also creates irony with the grave yard scene. Because of the bright colours i don't think it would be appropriate, as duller colours make more relevant connotations.


Here i have combined the two techniques however i adjusted the lightness which i think works well! my favourite technique is the second one, however it may look better slightly lighter but not as light as this print as the typography does not show up as well. I think the pink colour connotations are too feminine, whereas we want to portray something with less emotion. As girls tend to be stereotypically loving this will portray the wrong image, as it is one of the connotations of the colour.



I could see my ad being used somewhere like this. there are lots of other music related flyers so people, most likely students, would know to come and look there to check out event. the only problem would be other advertisements being put over the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment