Wednesday 8 December 2010

experimenting with illustration & font


Here i changed the text to create a more sleek and simple look for the cover. I think i prefer the text on the first draft as it fits in more with the other ancillaries creating continuity. I made the text for the album opaque which i think works well, although it looks more effective on a larger scale so i may do further experiments.


here i have made an illustrated version of my cover using my graphics tablet, i like these although they do not go with the rest of the digipak as it uses photography. I changed the font to tie in more and standout against the illustration, i prefer the text on my first draft as it looks more vintage over the opaque scruffy background. The line drawing could make connotations to Hewitson's emptiness, relating to his selfish and heartless attitude.

 

Here i have experimented with larger opaque text and made the photo darker, this is so that the text in the foreground had more of a contrast. I like the opaque text although it is not striking enough for a CD cover as it does not capture enough attention. I prefer the cover i submitted for my first draft and think it works well as it is simplistic yet striking. It also makes the relevant connotations to Jordan having attitude, the brushes make connotations to the vintage styling we have tried to create in the video, and the text is bold yet classic. The darker background makes connotations to Hewitson's cruel side, which is portrayed in the video at the tea party. paired with the attitude in his expression, this creates a sly and mischievous persona.

No comments:

Post a Comment