Thursday 9 December 2010

Magazine Advertisement


This is my magazine advertisement. I prefer a simplistic look, as I think it stands out more and it is more eyecatching, which is essential in a magazine. The black and white adds to this as it is a bright contrast. I have used the same fonts as on the CD cover to add continuity, and I first put the website underneath the rest of the text, but then moved it into the top right hand corner because I felt as if it was too in the way of the image before. However I then moved it into the centre at the top, to align it with the rest of the text and keep it neat. I gave the album a five star rating from Q magazine as this is something widely recognised by an audience and having a high rating from a famous magazine gives the album presige and adds to the professional look of the advertisement.

Another common thing that adds prestige and is a good way of advertising to an audience, is to include a small reviewing quote on an advert to help persuade readers of the magazine to buy an album. I decided to incorporate this into my advertisement, using a short and simple made-up quote as not to over-load the advert, adding to the five star rating


1 comment:

  1. Tooke. Lovely stuff on that last poster. I hate to say I told you so but I did.

    ReplyDelete