Wednesday 8 December 2010

Photos For My Ancillary




when edited...



My idea is to blend the two side on photos together into one duplicate photo, where there is two of Hewitson, and each one showing the opposite of the other- one moody and one happy. This incorporates the juxtaposition idea that I have been keen on from the start of this project, and also relates to the duplicate images within the video. It fits Hewitson's mysterious persona, and the two sides of him which we see in the video- the moody and stroppy Hewitson at the tea party, and the happy Hewitson singing and dancing within a graveyard.

I copy and pasted each photo onto a blank photoshop page and put them side by side. The right had had to be altered in size in order to look equal to the left one, and I had to move it up and outward to make sure that each photo looked just the same (I hadn't yet blended the background to make it even)

I moved the images further away from each other in order to make space for text and I think this looks better, less cluttered and more simplistic

 After blending...
I think that I prefer the image in black and white, as it adds to the aged feel of our brand
adding to the aged feel, I put a grain over the photo which makes it look less clean cut and modern which I think is important as I don't want the image to look too 'glamorous'.

No comments:

Post a Comment