Wednesday 1 December 2010

Mock-Ups

I planned to take photos of Jordan for my ancillary mock-up today at the end of school, however since tuesday I have been unwell and haven't been in to school to see him. This sets me back a lot, as I won't be able to take the photos until tomorrow, and then I will only have two days to put my ideas together. However i'm sure this is do-able and in the mean time, I have been experimenting with stills from the video.
I have had to use print screens from the HD setting on youtube and the images are still bad quality and not the right sizes for me to use.

I edited this still from the video, which is from my favourite scene and I like it because it's visually appealing and addresses the tea party, nature & performance elements in the video all at once.


 Here I have experimented with the positioning of the album title. I turned the opacity down so that it would fit with the dark and low constrasted image of the CD cover. I like it most as one line rather than two, because it looks simple and less cluttered. I don't think that positioning it on the left hand side works because it makes the picture look too busy as it clashes a little bit with the fairy lights, and makes the right hand side look too empty. It works a lot better on the right hand side because it fills the empty space and looks good against the texture of the tree.
Here I added vignetting but as the image is already dark, it is very subtle and almost doesn't make a difference. I think that the title would have to be positioned over the vignetting for this to work properly so that it doesn't over-lay it and set it back into the photo.
The only thing I don't like about this image, is that it doesn't portray Hewitson's persona at all, so I would hestitate in using it as a photo for the CD cover, and prehaps would work better for a picture on another panel.

There are few stills that I think would work as portraying Hewitson correctly, so tomorrow, when I am hopefully back in school, I will take some appropriate photos of Jordan and also ask Jack to send me some good quality skills from his laptop, and then experiment some more.

5 comments:

  1. I know it's low quality, and grainy but I think that looks good!
    I think it adds a certain 'aged' look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the still :) and the minimalistic look! i think it would look better in high definition with a grain put over the top as it would then look more polished and would be better if printed out :) I think this sort of photo might make a good advert with the cd cover in the top hand corner :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah my original plan was to use high def photos and put the grain over the top! the issue is getting to jordan to take them when im poorly :(
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can get high definition ones from the stills xx

    ReplyDelete