Thursday 2 December 2010

First Draft CD Cover

Here is the first draft of the front cover for my digipak, I think that the illustation reflects the video's drawn style, though it is more realistic than in the video. I thought that I would include flowers as they also are featured in the video and work well with the older look of the whole Hewitson River style. I drew over a picture of flowers and then got a picture of a man sitting on a chair, except I made it so he was sitting on the flowers, then drew over that so he would look like Hewitson River, I also changed his facial expression as he was much too happy compared to Hewitson.

I made him sitting on flowers because I think that conveys the fact that he is self-centered, the flowers form a kind of throne for him to sit on; he sits in a casual way though, as if he doesn't care. He is also central to the image and the main focus. I wrote out Hewitson's name on the cover by hand so it looked like he had written it because then it would look like an signature on a painting, conveying how highly he thinks of his work and himself.

2 comments: