Thursday 9 December 2010

Back Panel- Track Listing

 Here, after looking at some CD track listings on CD's that I own, I have experimented with different layouts for tracking listings. My favourite that I came across, was the tracks written as long lines, rather than one on each line. I think this works better with the image I want to use for my back cover because the image takes up the whole bottom third of the panel and with the text interupting the photo, it looks a little busy, whereas with this layout it looks neater.
 I don't like the tracks set out this way because it is very generic and get's in the way of the photo.
Positioning the tracks in this way makes the picture look too heavy on one side, and it lacks balance, unlike in the first picture where the tracks were all together at the top.

 I lowered the opacity of the text to fit more to the grey and blame of the image, as the white was a little too bold and contrasting against Hewitson. I like to keep the image as the main focus because this connotes Hewitson's importance. I like the track's in this position as it creates a good balance and looks neat and tidy.

 I tried putting the tracks right at the very top but I don't think this works as well as it doesn't look like the track listing at first glance. It is a little too unconventional and I think it looks odd.
Here I moved the text further towards the centre. I like it this way, however I prefer the way it looks further up, without the empty black space above it.

After adding the barcode & production title....


No comments:

Post a Comment