Thursday 2 December 2010

Futher Mock-Up Experimenting

My original idea was to incorporate our duplicate idea into our digipack, and as I am still poorly and unable to get to Jordan to take photos, I am experimenting using some stills from the video.

I have blended two of the video stills together and I love the effect this creates. I adjusted the lighting a little, but the original lighting is perfect because of the contrast of Jordan against the dark sky. It connotes his importance and star persona. I adjusted the contrast slightly, to make him stand out a little more, and lowered the saturation to age it slightly. His facial expressions are moody and typical of one side of Hewitson's character. As Hewitson seems to have a split personality within our video, I thought that an effective idea would be to duplicate and blend a photo like this, with Jordan portraying a moody character in one photo, and a happier character in another. When/If I get the chance to photograph Jordan, this is something i'd be interested in trying out

I added a grain over the top of the photo, to add to the vintage and aged feel that is part of the brand we are creating. I love this effect as it is subtle but effective


 I think that using a simple font like Times New Roman is classic and simple, not taking the attention away from Hewitson. However it may look too simplistic and boring. I like the positioning and size of 'HEWITSON RIVER' at the top but I think it takes all the attention away from the album title.




Here I have centred Hewitson's name and made it bigger, and filled the empty space below with the album name. Although it is bigger than Hewitson's name, the opacity is lower and blends more with the background. This style of album cover is typical of The Smiths, our main inspiration

 To add texture to the picture, I cut out the tree texture from my previous experimenting, and cut it onto the top of the page, to make it look old and worn, like an old page. I smudged the edges slightly to reduce the harshness of contrast between the two foreground colours

I brightened the areas of the tree texture and added the text back on, and I like this effect because although simple, it is more visually interesting and reminds me of old film or old paper.

1 comment:

  1. Sofie. Good stuff. Look into the rule of thirds to get the aesthetic balance just right

    ReplyDelete