Tuesday 5 October 2010

Experimenting with location

I suggest watching in 780p because otherwise it's not the best quality:

Whilst coming up with ideas to put on our storyboard, I decided to experiment with location because I found it easier to visualise what could be included in the storyboard.
I decided to go into the field near my house and film a short clip of me on a bass drum with similar editing to what we are aiming for.
I like how the bass drum isn't actually being played but still holds connotation to music. I think that this contributes well to the abstract style we are aiming for.
I edited it on AfterEffects and put the final touches on it with iMovie. I decided to add the vignette setting because I thought that this portrayed a vintage style, which relates to the 1980's music.
I think before we start filming, we should do some more simple camera experiments to develop our ideas and imagination.

2 comments:

  1. Love this jack! just what i had in mind for the video! we need to work out our free's and freetime at the weekend for filming!:) x

    ReplyDelete