Wednesday 6 October 2010

Instruments

Here are some photos of guitars that I have at home which may be useful in the video...



This is my brothers Maranello Guitar, it looks very vintage and i really like it. It's electric so it may not fit the genre as well as an acoustic guitar, but i really like the vintage style of it and The Smiths use electric guitars in their performances. To take the photo's i used an app on my iphone, i really like the effect it's given and i think it would look effective if we used a similar style filter on the video when editting to compliment the 80's mise en scene.








This is my sisters vintage acoustic guitar, I really like the oak colour as it makes connotations to the indie genre and the 80's mise en scene as it is old. This is a stereotypical Acoustic so wont take the limelight away from the performer and will blend in well, unlike some guitars which feature bazaar patterns and shapes.

My Dad owns a Rickenbacker and Yamaha Bass which we may be able to use if need be, however I don't think a bass fit's the genre as well as the other guitars. My brother also owns a ruby coloured Fender electric guitar, however this may look modern and could look out of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment