Wednesday 20 October 2010

Looking at props

 As I am in London this week I have decided to look around Camden Market to see if there are any props at the vintage stalls that would look interesting in our video, I will take photos of anything I find which may look effective and if it is a suitable price and size for me to bring back for filming, jack and I thought of old radios, clocks and trinkets as they will add a vintage mise en scene to the video.
Here are some of the pictures I took...


I visited different vintage shops and found some really good props, but i didnt think any of these (left) would be appropriate.


 I really like these old vintage keyboards, however they were £100 + and i have one at home from when i was younger so would prefer to use that if we were going to use one. however I dont think we should use one as it would not fit in with the genre or style of the music.
I like these old camera's and the satchel, I have an old SLR camera at home, and Jack and Sofie both have vintage polaroid cameras, although we would have to discuss whether they would be appropriate to use in the video.

 I thought these guitars looked really cool, however the one we already have looks just as effective and means we do not have to fork out any extra money. I think this stall would look really effective for a photoshoot for when we are making the prints, as the wall of different guitars looks really interesting.
 This may also make an interesting back drop for when taking the photo's for print, however we would have to arrange a trip to camden which may not be ideal, we could however create something similar.
I really like the old suitcases, i have a couple of these at home which were my grandfather's, they would make interesting props in either the video or the scene for the print photography.
Camden market had a really good selection of vintage bikes! they ranged from £90 to around £200, which would be far too costly for the video, so we need to find an alternative, my mum has an electra bike which is in a retro style, however it is pink so may take away the vintage mise en scene we are trying to achieve.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent post Lily, though if I'm honest I much preferred Jack's post about attacking Sofie with dirty meat off the floor in a kebab house. For some reason that post has now disappeared, I assume Jack is editing it to include pictures of the rancide meat which apparently connotes that 'meat is murder'.

    I got completely different connotations from that post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!! i think mines a tad more appropriate!:) but maybe we should change the song to meat is murder just so we can include that post on the blog! that or not let jack near alcohol and blogger at the same time, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahahahaha
    this made my day! iphone blogger apps are dangerous

    ReplyDelete