Tuesday 12 October 2010

Stop Motion Practice



Today i found my mum and dad's old scrabble, it looks really old so i thought i'd test it out and do some stop motion practice! some of the pieces were missing so i had to improvise. I used iMovie to edit it together and put a filter over the top once i had finished editing each shot. I had to crop each photo in order for them to fit on the widescreen. In the final piece we will need to ensure of excellent picture quality we can do this by using my mum's SLR camera. For these photo's i used my 5mp iPhone camera which explains the quality of some of the shots. I really like the scrabble idea and think stop motion will look really effective. I think the use of the filter gives it the 80's vibe turning modern stop motion into something vintage, which is what we want to acheive from our video, something modern yet with the 80's vibe, so it can relate back to the origins of the song and the smiths. The scrabble could also relate to  Morrissey's love for literature, as letters make obvious connotations to literacy which is the source of all novels.

Some of the original photo's before the editing!




Before Adding the filter...



After Filter Was Added...

3 comments:

  1. Good job :D I have a Scrabble board exactly like that actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh good cuz if you're missing any letters like i am, then we can put then together:) thanks! it's first time i've tried stop motion so hopefully i'll improve :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks soooo good!!
    Well done!!! :D

    ReplyDelete