Wednesday 13 October 2010

My job - Director

As director, my job will be essentially to make sure we film the right shots with the right amount of footage at certain times in order to make the shot look how I drew in the animatic. My duties will also involve mostly operating the camera because I'm most familiar with the way that the camera we are using works and because I worked out some of the effects that I drew in my head and it may to be hard to communicate what I want filming. Sometimes though it may make more sense to allow others to operate it if I'm busy with something else, like checking if we have enough footage to create the effect we need.

2 comments:

  1. you can show us how to use your camera, so we can all have a go :):) although because you have lots of experience with it, it would probably be best you're in charge of it lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tweak this post slightly Owain? I know directors are supposed to be slightly arrogant and have characteristics usually associated with dictators but this post makes you group members sound like a bunch of duffers whilst you come across as a megalomaniac. its mainly the middle sentence which is a tad 'rude' which I don't believe was your intention.

    ReplyDelete