Wednesday 27 October 2010

Rotoscoping - saving group time

To save time and cut down the amount of footage that we will have to film as a group, I've had the idea of filming myself performing the actions of Jordan during the sections where it will be rotoscoped. As I can do this any time, with no scheduling required, this will save a lot of time as we can then focus on the live action sections with what limited time we do have.

This idea may seem strange to begin with, but as I am just drawing over footage, I can make it look however I want, regardless of what was actually filmed. Therefore I can draw Jordan's face and outfit over mine, and it will look like he performed it, despite not being there. The footage of me will only be used as guidance for the general movement and lipsyncing involved, and won't be seen in the final video.

No comments:

Post a Comment