Tuesday 23 November 2010

Digipack Analysis


I don't know the band who owns this digipack as I found it on google images but I really like the style of it. They have used an earthy kind of colour pallette to match their design of the tree, flowers and leaves and I really like how the bottom three panels link into each other. I love the roots branching out to the track list as it is unique and out of the ordinary. I think we could be more imaginative with how our track list is set out so maybe this is something we could experiment with, using the design to present the track list.
From what I can see, the top left panel and the panel next to it are used for the copyright information and credits. I like the font used as it is looks like handwriting, and so fits the natural theme of the digipack, and the consistancy of the design throughout works really well and gives the pack its own feel. 
The thing that I don't like about the digipack is the album name 'And They Will Riot!' as I don't think it matches the rest of the digipack, as it has quite a violent feel about it, which completely contrasts with the naturistic design. The font is also quite a lot harsher than the quirky handwriting type font on the rest of the pack. I think that consistancy is really important within the CD cover and the advertisement and definitely something that we need to keep in mind in terms of our image, colours and fonts.

No comments:

Post a Comment