Thursday 25 November 2010

Magazine ad experimentation

I decided to experiment with magazine adverts. I mocked up three different ads with different backgrounds. These ads are really rough right now, but it's starting to get ideas flowing for the actual ad.
I like this advert because it incorporates the field setting of our music video, however I don't think the text stands out as much as I wanted it to, and I didn't want to have too many different colours on the advert because I didn't want to risk looking 'tacky'. I wanted to apply the magazine conventions I learn last year for this ad and only incorporate a maximum of three different colours of text. I think this makes it look a lot more professional and adds realism. 

I like this one because I think it makes the text pop, as the background is white. However I don't think the actual texture of the brick wall is what I was aiming for. I was looking for a much more vintage look, and I don't think I achieved this. 

I think that this one is my favourite as it incorporates the brick wall similar to the brick wall used on our digi-pak work, this enables consistency throughout our whole marketing scheme. 

Update:

I went back and changed the colour of the date. I think it looks a lot better...


3 comments:

  1. i love these jack! expesically the backgrounds! :) if you wanna experiment with the other font on the digipak let me know and i'l let you know what it's called and what websites its off:D if you wanna experiment you could try putting a polaroid frame behind the cd so its vintagey :) but it might draw attention away from the cover, so might be best to leave it! they are great :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I like the polaroid idea, I might try that!
    I think I want to experiment with different frames and stuff, to add more vintage to the whole thing, Like the Brandon Flowers posters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i like that :) but i think you'd have to create a frame which might be difficult, you could do what i showed you i made? use a frame that's shaped inside then fill in the background with a colour? but i don't know how effective it will be x

    ReplyDelete