Wednesday 17 November 2010

Green screen problem

Today I filmed a few close ups of Jordan against a green screen. The keying worked well, however one problem I am faced with is the quality of the backdrop which will be placed over the green screen.
Because I will be stretching the shot to fit the close up, the background goes blurry, and low resolution. 

I have two options,

Option 1: Go back to the location and take a high resolution photo, and use that as a backdrop, however I do not think this will work very well as the background will be stationary, whilst the protagonist will be constantly moving. This will make it obvious a green screen has been used.

Option 2: take the backdrop out of focus. This will allow the backdrop to be used without the resolution decreasing, however will not match the rest of the shot.
I think I may need to go back to the scene and simply film Jordan singing the whole song through, with a close up shot. This will allow us to pick where to have a close up in the grave scene. I could film this on Friday when I go to take photos of Jordan in the church, and in the other locations, therefore should not be a problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment