Tuesday 16 November 2010

Experimenting with the cd front cover and back


here i have taken a still from the video and made it black and white. I then altered the grain of the photo which made it look very vintage (almost victorian!), i felt this looked a bit too old so played around with different effects, i then chose to add a slight poster filter to the grain making it slightly smoother and fairly stamp like. Firstly i experimented by using it as the front cover, I quite like this however i think i prefer the close up of Jordan's face more.


I then experimented by turning it into the back cover and using a handwriting style font (never let go). I think this works really well and compliments our genre, although i would need to make it tie in with the front cover as there is too much difference between the two, however this should not be too bigger problem. I think the font style may look better in a more similar font to the cover, using capitals to tie it together. these are some of the things i will take into consideration when developing my ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I really like these!
    I think the font at the back is too feminine though

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i think block caps would look better and relate more to the other cover :) x

    ReplyDelete