Tuesday 23 November 2010

more panels for the digipak..


the cropped original photo before editing the colour:


it is upside down so that when we create the pack it can be folded, however i have provided one so that you can get an idea of how it will look.



Here I have been experimenting with the panels inside the digipak, I used a photo that jack took when we were filming the tea party, I really liked the lighting on the tree's and the mise en scene the tea party created. As Jordan is on his own it creates connotations to him being anti social and because he is central to the panels it may connote that he is self centered. I edited the photo as it was highly exposed due to the lighting we were using on set, i altered the saturation and the contrast, this also made it tie in more with the black and white style I have incorporated on the digipak, but as there is some subtle colour it compliments the editing on the back of the pack, as it features the central jordan in colour with a black and white background. I think the right hand top panel may look better with some typography on it, I will experiment with this, I have tweeted the rest of the group asking for some feedback so that everyone is happy with the overall result.


4 comments:

  1. yup i really like all those panels :) well done lils
    although i think that we could do something more interesting with the back panel with the track listing on. i have a couple of ideas that i'll talk to you about tomorrow & blog about within the next few days, and you can see what you think! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah ok :) i quite like it simple but am definitely up for trying other stuff (: do a mock up of what you're thinking :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good :) I think the middle panel with Jordan standing in could be centered maybe a little more, so the trellis fills the middle panel, just so it looks a bit neater, it's good overall though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah the top panels need more work :) I'll play around tomorrow :) I'll try and look for a better photo, jordan's pulling a face lol! x

    ReplyDelete