Tuesday 16 November 2010

Preparing for the reshoot

In preparation for the new parts we would be adding to the video, I attempted to make another animatic, so that we would have a clear idea what to do, and wouldn't end up just filming random clips that might fit in the video. I believe adding a narrative certainly helped with getting a clear idea, as it meant there were certain shots that we had to film in order to have a video that made some sense. Unfortunately the file I was doing the animatic on messed up and I was left with some twisted lovechild of the new and old animatics. With time against me I didn't manage to sort this out, but I did have the shots clear in my head so it wasn't the end of the world. I had also drawn out the latter half of it on paper, so we at least had that to refer to.

In the end we did end up filming the video slightly differently, most notably the cast being cut from 5 to 3, due to the sheer practicality of needing some people to be involved in the technical aspect of the filming. Some of the shots were also slightly changed due to what props were actually available, however I think it turned out better than how I planned.

One aspect that we may have overlooked in haste was the risk assessment, here are some of the risks that we faced whilst filming this sequence:
  • Electrocution from the amount of plugs and extension cords we used
  • Injury from falling down steps/off decking
  • Back injury from lifting heavy bricks/tables
  • Burning hands on candles/matches/exposed lightbulbs
Overall I think the filming went very efficiently and it proved the effectiveness of sticking to a storyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment