Wednesday 24 November 2010

Plan for tomorrow

As I have the day off tomorrow (I am lucky) I can get on with the bulk of the editing for the entire day. First of all I have to complete 250-something frames of rotoscoping, which will take place in the instrumental section near the start.. hopefully it will add more of a seamless narrative, though still leave some mystery as to what is going on in reality.


 Above is a screenshot of me working through it, you can see the original footage that I filmed last week on my day off, and the red Hewitson River drawn over the top of it. I will remove the reference footage when I'm done drawing on it. I am also drawing in red because it shows up better on the footage, though I will completely desaturate the colours eventually. After I've done it all, I will also produce a more in depth step-by-step guide to how I eventually created the overall effect.

 I will then add it to the rest of the footage, which includes the shots we filmed today in the graveyard. Hopefully it'll end up making sense, but still look good.

2 comments:

  1. this is wicked! is there any way you can rotoscope onto the scene? so leave that how it is but have an illustrated body? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think we should do it now, as it's too late! but this just gave me that idea so i was curious lol! x

    ReplyDelete