Sunday 7 November 2010

experimenting with print


here i created a vintage filter by duplicating the photo's layer and changing the foreground and background colour to green and red. i then blended them together with the original photo to create the vintage look. I added noise and a vignette similar to the previous prints i made.


Here i used the same print however i used the magnetic lasso tool to cut around jordan, i added a 3 pixel feather and then used select inverse to select the background, i then edited it making it black and white. i like this as it brings the eye to jordan, as all of the colour is on him. It also compliments our video as jordan is ironically bright and happy in a dull and negative graveyard.


Here i rearranged the text and added the song title, i was experimenting with typography and positioning. I like the fonts used for "hewitson river" (rough typewriter and Octin vintage, which i downloaded online) they make connotations to the vintage theme of the video whilst making a statement with the boldness of the letters.


Once again i experimented with the positioning of the lettering, I think that the first test I did (at the top) works best, as "hewitson" covers the width of the poster and "river" being a taller and thinner font, fits well underneath.


Here i have experimented with borders for the poster, similar to the polaroids i used in my previous experimentations with posters. I think this adds a finishing touch to the poster as it makes it look more polished. I used a letter and brown paper brushes to create the background, this connotes to the vintage style, and is quirky as it is fairly random, I like this as it should attract to our target audience with its artistic look.


Here i have made the sides of the original poster more rugged to create a more vintage effect. I was experimenting with brushes so tried out the vintage chandelier, I think it needs something more on the central poster, although I am undecided on whether or not this is the best thing for it so would need to experiment further.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Lillly.

    Do a blog post on the rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete