Wednesday 17 November 2010

experimenting with fonts on the back of the cover

Here I have practiced making some more covers for the back of the digipack, I made up song names temporarily until they are decided on..

Here I have experimented with the black and white grainy background by testing out some different fonts, I think this is my favourite font as it is bold, classic and doesn't take too much attention away from the photo.

I dislike this font as it is similar to one used in the Marc Jacob's ad's and i feel this makes it less unique, as the font is rather iconic with in the Marc Jacob's branding, I also feel it is a bit too wide for the back of the pack.


I dislike the white vignette around the bottom corners of the cover, i feel it looks too old and is too much with the grain.


I think that this font is too skinny for the cover making it look long, i dont think this fits in as well as the other font i tried (Lane B).


I dislike the positioning here and feel it looks better central to the cover.


Here i have added a barcode, there aren't many places the barcode can go, so i think positioning it in the top right hand corner looks neat and discrete.

Here i have experimented with the photo editing, I disliked the grain on the black and white so decided to experiment, here i used the black and white filter in the background, keeping the hewitson figure in the central foreground in colour making it more eye catching for the audience, this is my favourite cover so far.


I like the colours in the photo however i feel it wont tie in with the album cover we all agreed upon so think that the cover above this will work a lot better. I will talk to the rest of the group next lesson in order to get some feedback on the cover's I have made.

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to invent track names. You can't just rip off The Smiths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah Sofie's doing the written stuff, i just used them temporarily to get the feel of the cover

    ReplyDelete