Friday 26 November 2010

Illustration

From the post i did about testing illustration, i thought it might be a good idea to test it out to see if it is effective. This will compliment the rotoscoping in the video. Owain used a parchment style paper underneath the rotoscoping so I have incorporated this into my image, however it looked very tea stained so altered the opacity to lighten it. I created the whole image using photoshop and my wacom bamboo graphics tablet. It is different to the way owain drew the rotoscope but i still think it works, I didnt incorporate the black background as i wanted it to make more vintage connotations.


I like this illustration, I like the rugged vintage look of it and the contrast between the subtle flower and the bold outline of the body. It really reminds me of the foals album and this isn't what i wanted to do, as it doesn't make it unique at all, so i prefer the one i made using photography, I might experiment with the typography as this may change the whole image. I used a brush which i downloaded, It is designed to look like it is being brushed on with acrylic paint, hence the uneven lines.


This is the parchment i used to create the background

I based the illustration on this still i filmed of Jordan.





With Text:


I think the text makes it Hewitson River's own and gives it a polish look, i like this more than i thought i would but because the rest of the digipack goes together so well i think i still prefer the other one that i made, although i could experiment with using sepia tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment